Our President Glenda Yeldham and the committee send their best wishes to members during these unprecedented times.
We are thinking of you and hope that you are all staying safe and well, whilst you are confined in your self-isolation at home.
Our first fixtures of the year have been cancelled and we are maintaining a watching brief for future events and matches. These will take place only when it is safe for us to do so.
We will continue to keep you updated via our website.
New Year Greetings
Our President Glenda Yeldham and all the members of the committee would like to wish all members a very happy golfing year and we look forward to seeing you at one of our events planned during 2020:
Main Events planned for 2020
- AGM & Luncheon on Thursday 13th February 2020 at Devonshire Place
- Spring Meeting on Monday 27th April at Luffenham Heath GC played in a 3 Ball Alliance competition format for the Wendy Johnson Trophy
- President’s Day Thursday 25th June at Belton Park Golf Club played in an AM/AM competition format for the President’s Quaiches
- Autumn Meeting on Monday 7th September at The Leicestershire GC played in a 4BBB stableford competition format for the Renee Shipman Trophy
- Bridge Lunch on Thursday 5th November at Kirby Muxloe Golf Club
Please complete the fixture card to play in one of our events. Fixture cards will be issued to all members at the AGM and Luncheon or posted onto clubs during February
- Captain & Vice Captain meeting for lunch and 9 Holes of golf on Friday 25th September at Kibworth Golf Club
Captains will be invited to bring their vice captains prior to this event.
L&RLCGA Matches planned for 2020
Matches are planned against the following:
- Nottinghamshire on Thursday 14th May at Longcliffe Golf Club
- Derbyshire on Tuesday 9th June at Matlock Golf Club
- Northamptonshire on Thursday 2nd July at Cosby Golf Club
- L&R Vets 3rd Team on Thursday 23rd July at Kirby Muxloe Golf Club (played as an AM/AM)
- Society of L&R Golf Captains on Wednesday 26th August at Beedles Lake GC
Please indicate if you would like to play in one of the above matches by completing the match availability sheet when you pay your renewal subscription during December 2019 /January 2020.
We wish you all good health and best wishes for 2020
Bridge Drive & Luncheon for 2019
Bridge Drive and Luncheon at Kibworth Golf Club
76 people played in the Bridge Drive at Kibworth Golf Club. The weather was wet resulting in the course being closed to golfers. Fortunately we were in the warm and dry watching out as the greens flooded.
Players stopped for lunch of chicken in a cream sauce served with chips and peas or a vegetable lasagna, followed by a raspberry swirl cheesecake.
Winners on the day were:
1st Place Pat Keates a guest of the Leicestershire with 4670 points
2nd Place Glen Graham of Kirby Muxloe with 3460 points
3rd Place Janet Scarratt a guest of Hinckley with 2780 points
Helen Lynch was nearest to nought with -10 points
Congratulations were sent to all winners and we hope everyone enjoyed their day.
Results of 2019 Autumn Meeting at Kilworth Springs
88 ladies played in the Autumn Meeting at Kilworth Springs on Monday 2nd September 2019.
Thanks are sent to the staff and members of Kilworth Springs for the use of their course and for their support on the day.
Our President, Glenda Yeldham, and all the committee send their thanks to everyone who played, for their support for this event of 2019 and we hope that you all enjoyed your day.
Congratulations are sent to all the winners.